With a staggering 11 seasons to its name, there’s no denying The Big Bang Theory is one of the longest running sitcoms in modern television story.
Who would’ve thought a group of nerdy guys could reign supreme over the droves and droves of hunks and gorgeous women that populate every other sitcom out there?
It’s been over 10 years since the first episode of The Big Bang Theory aired and in that time, the show has not only been influenced by pop culture but has also influenced it as well.
And if you do any of the following 19 things?
Then count yourself along the millions out there whose life has been shaped by this hilarious show.
Is there an addiction sign we haven’t mentioned? Feel free to comment below what’s your symptom! 🙂
1. Thursday is now the official pizza night.
Even the ugliest day can be fixed by the promise of pizza with friends and if TBBT has shown us something is that, no matter how hard ordering for everyone in the group can be, the end result is always worth it.
2. Superhero memorabilia is part of your life now.
Forget t-shirts. We’re talking mugs, shower curtains, throw blankets and even pillow cases.
The geekier the better!
3. You now have a designated bowl for your keys.
It does make finding them a lot easier, doesn’t it?
4. You find yourself humming to the theme song at random points of the day.
And it never fails to make you smile!
5. You’ve started to, or at least thought about, knocking on the door three times.
Let’s hope your friends find it endearing.
6. You’ve sang soft kitty warm kitty to when someone’s feeling under the weather.
Better yet, it has actually helped!
7. You bought a game of Jenga to try your hand at it!
And with any luck, it isn’t sitting on a dusty shelf.
8. You’ve learned more about science that you did in science class.
And you actually find yourself applying it on your daily life!
9. Rock-Paper-Scissors-Lizard-Spock is your to-go solution for when you need to settle something with your friends.
Scissors cut Paper
Paper covers Rock
Rock crushes Lizard
Lizard poisons Spock
Spock smashes Scissors
Scissors decapitate Lizard
Lizard eats Paper
Paper disproves Spock
Spock vaporizes Rock
And, as it always has, Rock crushes Scissors.
10. You’ve purchased your own whiteboard.
Let’s be honest, those things sure come in handy.
11. You celebrate whenever your introvert friend gets a date!
You know it’s not easy for them, so you’re always ready to celebrate.
12. Mrs. Wolowitz’s death made you cry.
Don’t worry, we all did.
13. Science jokes are your thing now.
And all your friends have no problem getting them!
14. You no longer have to pee. You have to urinate.
Do we need to say more?
15. You now have a “spot” you always sit on.
And can explain in detail why you prefer it that way.
16. You scream “Bazinga!” whenever you’re pranking your friend.
It makes even dumb jokes funnier!
17. You’ve considered getting your own roommate.
Preferably one that shares your own interests.
18. You’ve made your roommate sign a detailed roommate agreement.
Let’s face it, this should be standard practice.
19. You may have written a relationship agreement as well.
Here’s hoping it actually works!
Comment your symptom below and we might add it to the list!